THE NEW COLLEGE ARCHIVE AND PRESERVATION PROJECT

The Novo Collegian Alliance, as one of its initiatives, has begun the New College Archive and Preservation Project. A core group of ten alums is currently working on documenting, cataloging and preserving the legacy of New College as it is defined in its founding principles and mission. The work encompasses three major efforts.

1. The New College Oral History Project

Audio and video interview with members of the New College community that include faculty, staff, administrators, alums, and other individuals who have contributed over the decades to create the New College culture that we know and love.

One of the first deliverables from these efforts will be an interview with former New College President, Dr. Pat Okker. Efforts are underway to conduct the interview and upon completion will be made available to the campus community for viewing.

2. New College Records and Papers Preservation

Identification, recording, and collation of records and papers related to New College. This includes, but is not limited to, theses, student publications, campus publications, and campus records.

3.Architecture and physical campus recording and preservation

Recording and leading preservation efforts related to the various buildings, commemorative items, and campus works of art.

These efforts are the result of a number of campus community members who have dedicated their time and treasure to saving our unique and precious legacy. The projects will take further commitment of money and resources to see them to their successful completion.

If you are interested in getting involved in any of these efforts, please contact us at contact@novocollegian.org.

Funds are always needed. If you are able, please consider a generous donation to the Novo Collegian Alliance. Contributions can be made via the “Donate” button at the top of this page.